Angkor Wat: Highlights and Sunrise Guided Tour
- Duration: 8 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Siem Reap, Siem Reap
- Product code: JCS01
We begin with a pre-dawn departure (4.10 - 4.40am) from your hotel for sunrise outside Angkor Wat. Enter the great temple in darkness (please bring a torch) from the little-visited eastern side, and creep along hoary cloistered corridors past the longest stretch of bas-relief carvings in the world. Soak up the atmosphere of dawn at Angkor, from the edge of one of the ancient library pools. We then explore the interior of the great temple, spending a thorough two hours discovering the corridors, central chambers and upper terraces of this truly great temple. Your expert local guide will decipher the myriad of stories behind the bas-relief carvings, and give you an insight into life during the height of the Khmer empire.
We end our touring at Angkor with breakfast outside the temple (breakfast is not included), and a short rest. Continue the morning visit the southern Gate of Angkor Thom, flanked by a row of 54 stone figures on each side - gods to the left and demons to the right – and the fortified city of Angkor Thom. At ‘The Bayon’ (12th century) we see its beautifully crafted central towers, covered in more than 200 enormous faces, then explore the famous Terrace of the Leper King, and the Terrace of Elephants. After lunch and a rest break we set out for the jungle-enveloped Ta Prohm – one of the most atmospheric of all temples in Angkor. Once home to 2,740 monks, Ta Prohm today looks much as it did in the early 1850s, when French explorer Henri Mouhot ‘rediscovered’ this crumbling site. Tour end mid-day between 12.30am – 1.30pm.
- Visit the beautifull sunrise at Angkor Wat and other major temples
- English speaking tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Travel by air-con mini bus
- Mineral water with cool towel
- Temples entrance fee 37$ (covering all the temples)
- Children under 5 years old are not permitted
- Booking with no deposit is required and the payment to be collected before tour start
- Hotel pickup and drop off are include and the exact pickup time to be advised 1 day before tour start